Monday 7 June 2010

Badgers tail


Owners feedback in red as always!

1. How do you feel physically?
“I’m ok, I get a bit achy in the back end sometimes”
Yes he does walk stiffly after a long sleep

2. How do you feel physically when you run?
“Oh I feel alive & free” I see him sprinting & leaping for flies/ butterflies?
He leaps and jumps for treats
NB: This is a typical case of say as you see - I elaborated the flies/ butterflies part as I assumed that's what he was leaping for - one rule of communicating is never assume!

3. How do you feel physically when you get up from sleeping?
“I have to have a good old stretch before starting the day”
I see him arch his back & stretch out.
That’s true

4. How do you feel physically after eating?
“Oh I feel full & content”
Well he eats enough!

5. How do you feel emotionally?
“I’m a real thinker but I’m loving. I like to tease & trick people”. I ask how he tricks people & he says “I like to hide behind a door & pounce – gets them every time”.
He hides behind the door and jumps out on the dog, often hanging off his back end

6. What’s your character like?
“I’m a lover, not a fighter & I’m a thinker”
Yes he doesn’t fight much and being a “thinker” could be code for lying there not doing much

7. What do you enjoy doing?
“Batting stuff” I also see him batting something above him.
I think we’re back on the treats here!

8. What do you do all day?
“Cat stuff – I go here, I go there, I sleep – a lot!”
He certainly does

9. Where do you like to be stroked/scratched?
I see him being stroked all down his spine & he really enjoys it when you get to his tail, it goes up.
Spot on

10. How do you feel about other cats?
I see him batting them & he says “Oh they get on my nerves”. I ask why & he says “I like to be the only one”. The evidence would point that way, if he ever encounter another cat ( or dog apart from Bracken) he is most unfriendly

11. How do you feel with people?
women – I see him weaving around their legs & looking up lovingly.
men – He simply says “The same”.
children – “They’re ok, the older the better!”
he does seem to follow Lucy and I more than the men – maybe we’re a softer touch with the treats

12. I repeated your name to get his reaction
I see him giving ‘cat kisses’ – blinking very slowly.
I think I’m his favourite

13. Is there anything/ any feeling you’d like to communicate to your human?
“Just trust & warmth”
That’s nice

14. Is there any way I can help you with through this communication?
“I don’t think so, I’m quite content”.
I’m pleased because we do tease him a bit verbally.

15. Why sometimes do you shout & shout at your family for no apparent reason?
“I just like talking - sometimes more than others – like humans!” I ask him what he’s saying & he says “I’m usually asking for food or attention”
Yes in the last few weeks we have stopped assuming that all his shouting is for food and have started responding with a stroke and a tickle instead. It seems to dot he trick and his waistline is improving

16. Tell me something only you & your human would know
“I like to snuggle up to them on the sofa sometimes – not all the time though”
Yes he will snuggle up alongside but rarely will sit on laps, he seems to like to contact without feeling controlled
“I like to bat hair bobbles” I also see him doing this.
He plays with Lucys hair ornaments
He then simply says “Mice are my favourite!”
Yeah he brings a lot home, closely followed by rabbits which are a treat he brings for Bracken (the dog)

How Badger came across to me during our communication:

Badger is not a complicated cat. He wasn’t very chatty during our conversation & was ‘to the point’ in his answers (I think I got more out of it than him), he seems comfortable in his own skin, happy & easy going. He has simple pleasures & he’s a loving boy when HE wants to be.
That’s a very consistent summary with the Badger we know!

No comments:

Post a Comment