Friday 10 December 2010

The Gorilla & the Sealion!

I recently communicated with a beautiful Gorilla but it was clear that the keeper was not 100% into the communication. It didn't help that the Gorilla in question preferred to communicate via another Gorilla! This was a little far fetched for our keeper I feel so I left it there and didn't go any further. It's just proof that it takes a communicator, an animal and their human companion to all be willing to communicate for the process to be successful. If one isn't willing to take part in any way it won't work. I wasn't offended, for some people it's just hard for them to comprehend the whole process.

The upshot of this was going back to the Head of Animal Training to explain, she was very understanding and offered me her Sealion that she works with! The communication went really well and it was clear that they both shared a close bond. Hopefully I'll be able to tell you more about the communication when I get some feedback from the zoo so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment