Sunday 9 May 2010

Tess's tail - My 1st experience of animal communication

Feedback from Tess's owner is in red.

Technique 1:

• She said “I’m a healthy girl for my age”
Yes, on the whole she is a healthy dog

• When asked “How are you physically” I got an aching feeling in my left outer thigh. Possible.
Tess is quite stiff now and she is sometimes quite lame on one of her front legs after working or long exercise

• When asked “How do you feel physically when you get up from sleeping” she showed me an image of her getting one part of her body up first, then the second, so her back end then her front end & stretching out slowly. She speeded up the image so she looked like a see-saw – up down up down etc...
You are quite correct. Tess struggles to get up after sleeping, but usually ends up sitting before she heaves her back end up.

• She’s a happy girl, can be playful, she’s smiley! Can also be cheeky!
Yes, she is a happy girl and sometimes will smile showing her teeth in a silly way when we come in!

• When asked “What do you find fun” she immediately showed me an image of her frantically chasing her tail round in circles & chasing a ball that had been thrown.
Spot on! She often goes round and round in circles chasing her tail when very excited and she LOVES a ball being thrown for her.

• When asked “How do you feel around other dogs” She doesn’t seem interested – she’s keeping herself to herself.
She likes other dogs - their company I think and to say Hallo, but she is also quite happy to be alone and can be indifferent to them.

• She’s more drawn to men.
Yes, she does like men as she is a working dog and Rob works her with the sheep, so she does look to him.

• When I repeated your name Tessa she sat up, ears pricked up, barking but in an excited way & licking your face.
After our Flatcoats died Tess came to live with us from the farm and only goes back to work the sheep when needed (our farm is a few miles from the house). She had never had 'individual' attention, been fussed over or had someone to look after her in a way other than a farm dog. She loves it!!

• A message for you Tessa “I love you and I love our walks, they’re fun!”
Thats really lovely and brings tears to my eyes. Tess had never ever had proper walks before and yes, she does LOVE them, especially if she comes out with my horse.

• When I asked her for something only her and her human would know she gave me an image of her being on a lead. She was to the right & her human was on the left with their back to me & holding the lead. She was chewing on it. She’s doing it in a cheeky, teasing way!
Possibly..... she had actually never been on a lead ever, until we went to Cornwall in february of this year when we took her with us. She not only became a hotel dog for 4 days but also went on a lead and was quite happy! - a far cry from a farm dog!!

Technique 2:

• When asked “How do you feel physically” I got a slight ache/ stabbing in my outer left thigh again. I asked her how it happened & she showed me an image of her running & skidding on a tiled kitchen floor. She went crashing into the units/ cooker. This happened aged 11. I queried her age & she shouted 11!!! Other numbers I saw were 9 & 1 but 11 came through stronger – she seemed adamant.
Yes, Tess is definitely 11 years old. Not sure about the skidding on kitchen floor bit - possible but cant really comment on that one!

• When asked “How do you feel after eating” she said satisfied – her tummy’s fine. I got a ‘normal’ feeling also in my tummy, not full, not hungry.
Quite right I would imagine. She LOVES her teas now - she used to get a bowl of dry biscuits which lasted her all day as I would imagine they were somewhat boring. She now has 'proper' interesting teas with supplements!

• When she’s running she’s aware of the tops of her back legs. Her muscles ache easily.
Yes, I believe you are right there

• She said “I’m a happy, fun kinda girl. I’m smiley”!

• She said “I like to run & play & feel free” She’s making me feel giddy like a child running & skipping through a field on a sunny day.
True, but she is always on the lookout for something to round up!

• I said to her “So you’re a fun kinda girl then?” cheekily & she said “Hell yeah”! With no hesitation.

• When asked “How are you with other dogs” I got a picture of her running on her own, away from them. She said “I’m happy as I am” when I questioned why she’s like this.
Yes, I think so

• With men I see her jumping up, licking & excited. So I say to her “So you like men”? & she nods.
True - as above

• With women I see her sitting patiently, I sense she’s more obedient and tells me this also.
spot on - she is really obedient with me and loves to work with me. She loves praise.

• With children I see her laying down & looking away from them, she’s not interested. She’s patient but not drawn to them. I asked her why she’s like this & she said “They’re loud”
She is actually really good with little children - considering she had never been off the farm and had never seen children before she came 'indoors' to live with us. However, I think she could take or leave children - she is more interested in sheep!

• When asked “Where do you like to be stroked/ scratched” she rolls onto her back immediately! Almost before I finish asking the question. I’m guessing her tummy? Lol She’s making me smile bless her & laugh out loud as soon as I asked her.
She likes her tummy rubbed but I think her favourite place is her chest.

• When asked “How does Tessa make you feel” she said “Calm and content”.
I think that is extremely true. I am a very very calm and quiet person with animals and she loves that and is always happy when she comes home to me. She loves a calm atmosphere and gets upset if there is any tension.

• The feeling she’d like me to communicate to her human is of joy and happiness.

• When asked “Is there anything I can help you with in this communication” She said “Nothing, no I’m quite content”.

• When asked for her to tell me something only her & her human know she showed me a picture of her clearing her bowl and pushing it around with her nose. She showed me the image from the first communication first of all (of her chewing on her lead*) but I asked her for another thing. She pushes her bowl nudging it with her nose and looks up to you as if asking for more.
Well Gem - this is a strange one. I cant really see Tess pushing her feed bowl around with her nose although she does finish up all her tea in one quick go now and snuffs the bowl here and there when she has finished it... HOWEVER, she does push and nudge her ball to us asking us with her looks to roll it for her so she can push it back to us!

Technique 3:

• She’s sat & ready to go! I have her full attention, I think she’s enjoying this & getting into the swing of things – she’s not alone! Her voice starts off quite hyper, loud & excitable but gets gentler as we go on. This is what I wrote with Tess’s voice:

• Physically I feel quite well for my age. I’m still quite bouncy, my joints aren’t bad. I ache a bit sometimes. Yes, she is quite stiff and I would imagine achey now

• When I run I physically feel ok, I’m still fast & can corner really well. I’m quite agile, it’s still fun! (more smiles from Tess).
Yes, she is fast and does corner well when she is working. She appears agile despite her stiffness and yes, it IS fun for her.

• After eating I physically feel full and content, also a bit sleepy. I do clear my bowl though (she’s showing me nudging her bowl again as if she wants more). I’m smiling even writing this as she’s so funny.
Yes, it is so lovely to see her clear her bowl now and look content afterwards. On reflection, she does push per bowl around a little when it is finished, just in case there is a little more left there

• Emotionally I feel settled and content, life is good! I’m loved & have all the time in the World. I’m Freeeeeeee! (more smiles).
I hope she does feel this way - she deserves to.

• My character is fun & bubbly & bouncy & hyper & I luuuuuurve to play!(I get images of her chasing her tail again). She’s sounding to me like an excitable child when they just can’t get their words out quick enough!
Very true. Any chance to play and she is there!

• When I am with other dogs I feel a bit quieter & not so giddy. I like to keep to the back & be un-noticed. If they come up to me I stay still & try not to have eye contact. I’m like this because some dogs are aggressive & scare me a bit. They show their teeth & snarl – they’re not friendly like me! (At this point I explained to Tess to use her senses as she’ll be able to sense if a dog is nasty or nice, as some dogs are also nice like her). Her response: I know but I’m happy with my humans! (I said to Tess OK as long as you’re happy) and she said “I am”! – I went off the flow writing path a bit here but I just went with what felt right. Tess got used to being with my other dogs before they died (at different times..) but was happy with just Rob and I afterwards. We dont leave her alone too much now but she certainly didn't appear to grieve after their passing - unlike me..... She is happy in her own skin I think with us around.

• When I am around men I feel a bit giddy again, I don’t know where to put myself – I chase my tail & jump & bark – they find it funny & laugh along!
So male!! Yes, Rob certainly can get her hyped up and does find it funny where as I am the one who does the calm placid bit for stability

• When I am around women I’m a bit calmer – I like to please. I sit nicely for them & they reward me so I know I’m doing it right. I feel happy, calm and relaxed – not so hyper/ giddy.
as above!

• When I’m around children I’m just not interested – I want them to go & move on so I act boring, so they won’t want to play. I just lay there & stare ahead – they eventually get bored & move on! Works every time! (I see her with a sparkle in her eye)!
She is certainly clever enough for this but not sure that this is particularly true..... children fascinate her but she doesn't see many on the whole. She is more than happy for them to play ball with her though

• When I’m around Tessa it makes me feel protected & calm. She’s warm & funny & treats me well. We have a laugh too though – she’s my mate!

• You can help me with this communication to help Tessa, she knows she can do it, she needs a confidence boost. She’ll get there! With my help! (I see her with a big smile & sparkly eyes).
My Girls (my flatcoats) and Tess are my inspiration and I always ask them for help. That is such a lovely comment from her and I thank her for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment