Tuesday 9 November 2010

Missing Dog

I volunteer for an animal charity by updating their website. I was asked to add a dog who had gone missing recently. I've never felt a strong desire to communicate with any of the animals I've been asked to add to the website until this one. I felt torn because on the one hand this dog's eyes were saying "communicate with me" but my head was saying I shouldn't. Well in the end I went with my heart & communicated. It turned out he wasn't far from home but had been scared by the fireworks. I let him know there was nothing to be worried about & that it was the fireworks that had spooked him, I let him know it was safe to go home but warned him to be careful of the fireworks. I knew in my heart I'd get an email soon enough to remove him from the website as he'd returned & I did! I've never been more relieved!

I really feel this situation came to me for a reason (as everything does). We cover 'lost animals' on the 2nd part of the course & I've always been unsure whether or not I'd offer that service to people once I'm practising as an Animal Communicator. The reason being is that nothing is 100%, what I relay to owners is ONLY an interpretation of the animals feelings. If I interpret something wrong with an animal that's safe & sound at home the owner can simply say "no, that doesn't sound like Benjy" and we can move on, but if their pet is missing they cannot validate what I'm interpreting, only listen and take in the information. They'll also be frantic with worry & are likely to hang on my every last word - that's a lot of pressure! And what happens if I interpret what I'm getting as the animal being safe & well with another cat, when in actual fact they're in Spirit & the cat they talk about is a pet that also died some time ago. Animals communicate in the same way when they're dead or alive so it may not always be straight forward.

Saying that, if I can help 1 animal find it's way home then surely it's worth it! I also got a sign that I should be offering the service of 'Lost Animals' when my friend Annie emailed me one day. She works in marketing & is helping me with my literature for Pets Tails. Out of the blue one day she simply asked me "Are you going to do 'Missing Animals'?", this question seemed to come out of the blue but I had a gut feeling it was a sign.

When I do the 2nd half of the course I'm definitely going to be more open to the possibility of offering this service, so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment